So I mentioned I’d be doing a 6 month hair journal, “Hair today, gone tomorrow“. I popped in with the fabulous girls from L’Oreal and expert Shelene of Tanaz. This months inspiration, Alex Chung. A few soft high-lights were added and a lesson in curls.
Spring brings on a fresh new look at hair colour~ New season, new colour, new looks! Tanaz shares with us the best in this seasons colour trends:
Tanaz’s top stylists are up to the minute with what’s hot and happening right now.
High five for the top five colour trends!
1. Blondes move away from sun-kissed and warm honey shades to tones of soft and pale blonde. Think pearl, iridescent, light champagne and even whites and nudes.
2. Brunettes also move out of the warm and into shades of earthy mauves and shimmering golds. Working with a block of base colour, hand-painted panels of tones from complementary palettes are added to create a multi-dimensional look that shines to give the appearance of luxurious texture.
3. Full head colour might be reserved for the adventurous but scarlet, teal, coral, nude and pink requests are ever increasing. Taking inspiration from popular music, this is a fresh, vibrant and experimental trend.
4. Ombre is stronger and more popular than it has ever been as new techniques and colours develop. The ends are lighter, the look is brighter! Take take warm
blonde into the palest nude tips. Cool brunette shades seep into shimmering golds. A natural effect is created using nude and earthy tones. Want a dramatic effect? Talk to one of our stylists about coral, pink and crimson hues.
5. Pastels float straight from the catwalks and into the salons. We are already seeing slices of corals, pinks and blues into blondes with shades of teal in brunettes.
It costs you nothing to get everything you want from a colour makeover!
To achieve some of the colours, your hair may need to gently evolve and develop to avoid harsh lengthy chemical treatments. We strongly recommend that you have a free colour consultation with one of our colour expert who will advise you on the path you will need to take to achieve your desired look and look after your hair’s condition.
Make an appointment now. 011 786 2976