Beauty feature friday: Hair tips for your face shape
An Oval face :
what a dream, this is what we consider the ideal shape, and is a pleasure as it suits any hair style. This is because the facial features are what we call balanced. Your biggest problem would be what kind of texture your hair is and what it will do for you. Anything will work for example a fringe will bring out your eyes. Hair that you take off your face will balance your nose.
Most people are under the impression that you can only wear a certain hairstyle with a certain face shape. We at Tanaz maintain that anyone can wear a bob. The question is that if you have a round face we would give you a very square cut. A long face and we would round the edges of the haircut a heart shape face and we would give you textured layers. So anyone can wear anything as long as it is angled or cut in the correct direction.
A Round face:
The first thing that we would do is try and trim your face down at the sides by giving you a layered cut. Height and volume is also something that we would strive for as this would lengthen the face. Avoid full straight fringes and blunt cuts. A side parting is the best for a round face as if the eye were to focus on your central point your nose and have a middle parting it would cut you in half.
Cameron Dias has a round face.
Make your hair colour strong and go for highlights that are irregularly placed around the head .You want to move definition away from your round cheeks . Use more natural coffee toned or caramel colours. Make your colour stronger rather than darker as darker hardens facial features.
Fashions are currently great for a square face as asymmetric is the best cut for you.
This kind of cut once again throws the eye and can give the face a more rounding effect. Never ever cut on your jawline, just under or above. No center partings, lots of layers but not one length. Fringes need to be very shattered and as I said above asymmetric but never solid.
The Wide forehead or Heart shaped face.
Sometimes we also call this a diamond shape. Fringes, Fringes and Fringes but not a flat pageboy type fringe. You want a shattered fringe or one that is pushed to the side.
Be careful not to make the fringe to solid and around the pointy chin area go with layers and soft wavy hair or hair with movement. Width and fullness is what you are after at the Jaw line. A classic graduated bob really works for this. Also try and make your eyes or lips a feature and draw attention to your best bits.
Colour: Use colour to take away from the focal point of a wide forehead and small chin. We would build the illusion of body near the chin by going from lighter to darker in the same colour family. This will build the illusion of body.
Rectangle and long Faces Hide those cheek bones with a bit of wisp and shorthen the face with a fringe that comes to your eyebrows or below. Keep hair above the shoulder so that you don’t drag your face down. A fringe that sweeps heavily to the side is a great alternative to a full fringe.
Claudia Schiffer has a long face
Thanks to Shelene of Tanaz for sharing her hair knowledge with us! x
How cute is this hair style for ladies with longer hair?
1. This style is so easy, it’s laughable. Day-old hair is best (which is true for most hairstyles, since it’s easier to work with hair that has a little dirt in it).
2. Divide your hair into three equal parts and quickly spray each section with a little hairspray to help give it hold. Let the hairspray set for a couple seconds, and then lightly comb it out.
3. Take the section on your right side, and twist your hair all the way down to the end. You want to twist counter-clockwise, toward your face. Wrap the right section in on itself, just like you’re making a little bun. Let some of the hair stick out, it’s ok (you don’t want them to look like Princess Leia buns).
4. Pin the right bun in place. I like to use these mini bobby pins, since they’re easier to hide and they’re coated in rubber so they hold your hair better.
5. Next, twist the middle section clockwise and pin. Then twist the left section clockwise and pin.
6. Spray the three buns with a little more hairspray, and you’re done!
Love it! Found via From Me To You.
Happy Friday xox